Not quite ready to experience Asia but need a unique, meaningful experience? Come to the Cape Winelands! At if i could… we’re passionate about Cape Town (it is after all where our Headquarters is stationed!) but we know that many people want to explore South Africa through a slightly different lens. This is why we’ve expanded into the more rural setting of the Cape Winelands.
Situated only 40km from the Cape Town this area boast some of the most beautiful scenery South Africa has to offer. Lush and green with extensive opportunities for outdoor experiences like hiking and interacting this area also shares with visitors its endemic wildlife. The Cape Winelands has a great need for support within the farming communities as access to resources for these communities is limited.
There are also many organisations that focus on conservation and protection in this area and they work toward educating the local communities, as well as provide valuable employment.
Choosing if i could… to facilitate your internship here could mean We provide you with an opportunity to work in some breathtakingly beautiful places, while contributing to meaningful and sustainable community development and upliftment!
We offer unique experiences with the following projects:
- Work in an organisation that focuses on the conservation of cheetah and other predatory animals. Learn about unusual birds of prey and raptors while educating communities and contributing to bird rescue, rehabilitation and release.
- Work with a community project that uplifts local families, contributes to early childhood education and teaches valuable skills to children at risk.
- Contribute your skills and time to a residential organisation that supports children with physical and cognitive challenges – work under professional child care workers and occupational therapists to assist the children in their ability to function on a day-to-day basis. Help their families to understand how to support these children.
- Share your psychology, personal development and life skills facilitation in a youth development organisation that teaches young people vital skills for employment in the tourism and farming sectors.
- Work with an organisation that focuses on early childhood development as a means to uplift local communities – work with children and adults while expanding your own educational and child care understandings from a highly successful intervention in collaboration with UNICEF.