Why choose to volunteer or intern in Hanoi?
Located on the banks of the Red River (or as the Vietnamese call it, The Mother River), Hanoi is one of the most ancient capital cities on our planet. Those who visit can find carefully preserved colonial building alongside ancient pagodas. The city boasts incredible museums of culture and history and is fascinating to explore on foot. Hanoi is a French-colonial city and as a result is a magnificent cultural melting pot of delicious cuisine, clever handcraft and luxurious silk and a vibrant civil society.
Travel here is a unique experience – the rich culture, magnificent buildings and tempting street food make everyday an exciting exploration. if i could… has loved traveling in Hanoi and getting to know some incredible development organisations and local, warm friendly Vietnamese people. We’re so excited to share this new destination with you!
We’ve partnered with organisations doing amazing, meaningful work toward the upliftment of Vietnam. We now have a number of select opportunities with local nonprofits working in development for those looking to intern in Hanoi. This is a unique chance for you to work with local development organisations based in this magnificent city where you’ll learn and contribute enormously!
Some of the opportunities we have the privilege to offer you:
- Contribute to an organisation that supports marginalized people and people with disabilities
- Work on a fascinating project in social and medical studies
- Assist an organisation that teaches children to read in English
- Work with an organisation that assists children and families in crisis and works toward mitigating human trafficking
- Work with an animal welfare organisation that supports community development
- Use your engineering or architecture skills to contribute to an organisation that is pioneering green city planning – or research new ways to be more environmentally conscious in city planning with them